Siri improvements.

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
expand what siri can do world wide, finding places etc
because in NZ she's kind of useless, its still good. but given what she can do in the USA,

also expand what devices she can work on
ie ipad, iPod touch, maybe iPhone 4(know this will get me voted down, just a idea)

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
expand what siri can do world wide, finding places etc
because in NZ she's kind of useless, its still good. but given what she can do in the USA,

also expand what devices she can work on
ie ipad, iPod touch, maybe iPhone 4(know this will get me voted down, just a idea)
Wecome my Nz brother:D
yes siri fully functional for New Zealand would be a god send.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
All I'm hoping for in regards to Siri is hardware controls.

"Turn Bluetooth on"
"Take a picture"
"Make the screen brighter"

I wouldn't be surprised if they did more with it though. I also wouldn't be surprised if it found its way onto the new iPad.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Pretty much everything...

-smarter
-faster
-more accurate
-more features/capabilities
-more languages
-API

PaulyD

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
UK
Location services in UK and I would be happy (or location services for everyone to be fair!)

So annoying this hasn't been implemented yet and is Siri's biggest drawback to me.

Sdreed91

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
I would like Siri to "start" more functions. For me in particular it would be nice if she could start movies. I also just thought wouldn't it be great if while you ask her to search a song if there was a matching song available in iTunes Siri would ask "Would you like to purchase this song?" and then you answer yes or no. I think that would be cool.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Looks like iOS 6 is gonna be as disappointing as expected. I hate to say it, but... I WANT STEVE JOBS BACK :(
Give me a break - look at the new MBP retina. 2 TB ports, 2 USB 3.0 ports, one HDMI port. If steve were alive, he would say NO.

iOS 6.0 with SIRI voice control will be awesome. Who needs to tap on crap when you can just say it.

It will be so great in the new 2013 cars.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Looks like iOS 6 is gonna be as disappointing as expected. I hate to say it, but... I WANT STEVE JOBS BACK :(
You may find it disappointing. But I actually liked everything I seen today. Just because Apple didn't cater to you doesn't mean iOS 6 was a flop. Maybe Android has what you are looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.