Siri informing about the sms?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitabhbansal, Dec 2, 2011.

1. amitabhbansal macrumors 6502

friends
    i saw a video in apple site http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/siri.html
    in this video SIRI is informing about the incoming sms, can anyone tell me how to enable this feature? my siri is working by keep holding the home button, but not automatically tells about the event.
    Thanks

2. cshearer macrumors regular

Siri doesn't automatically do much of anything. To read new text messages, you just have to activate it, and say something to the effect of "read that last text message".

3. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

but the video on apple site i provided above shows that it informs about the sms, please have a look

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

If you're talking about the part where Siri announces the notification to the blind woman, the "Speak Notifications" setting is within Settings->General->VoiceOver

Careful though, turning on VoiceOver drastically changes how you use the phone as it's intended for the visually impaired.

5. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Finally I can overcome that small screen, (which makes me feel visually impaired) -

7. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I just set a home button shortcut for triple click home to activate. I activate it when I'm driving and deactivate it when I get out of the car