Siri is awesome!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrdm, Oct 29, 2011.

1. mrdm macrumors regular

I know it is only beta - works ~ 85% of the time but....WOW.

Was in San Francisco today and Siri made things so convenient:

* Found out how cold it was going to be by asking for the weather conditions....73 BTW-brilliant
    * Found the nearest parking lot when I decided I wanted to stop
    * set a timer for when my parking meter would run out
    * found a great breakfast spot just by asking
    * found the nearest Starbucks coffee shop
    * Used Siri to map out my route home

Already so useful and can't wait for the updates.

Anybody else using Siri heavily?

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Glad to finally see a post that isn't downgrading Siri. Yes, I use it all the time. Whether I'm composing a text while in the car, asking her to set my alarm, setting a reminder, or getting the weather, I find her to be EXTREMELY nice to have around! And my success rate is way higher than 85%...more like 98%, honestly.

Just think how good Siri will be in the coming updates.

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I use Siri often for:

1. Reading and sending messages while driving.
    2. Writing longer messages, much faster than typing.
    3. Finding local businesses for location, phone number, etc.

4. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

I use Siri mostly for dictating emails and texts. MUCH faster than typing, and really accurate. Yes, Siri is awesome!

5. ijohnbro macrumors regular

I took my Android to Chicago last year and it got me around and found lots of restaurants. That's where Siri gets it's knowledge the internet, and anything outside of that is programmed in by Apple for commonly asked questions and keywords spoken is all.

6. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

The fact it works so well that you don't have to touch your phone makes it so useful.

I called my mom about flight tickets, added two events to my calendar, and listened to music all by just using my voice.

7. Brazzy macrumors regular

I love it for dictating text and setting alarms.

8. iSellMyiPhone macrumors newbie

I use Siri mostly to schedule events in my calendar, set alarms, and dictate text when I am driving.

Having it hooked to my bluetooth in my car is awesome because I don't have to worry about where I have my phone as the microphone in my car picks up the user input. I just press the home button and away I go. No more having to worry about answering a text while driving. Now if they can only get it to where I push a button on my steering wheel to activate Siri ;)

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

And there is it...proof that you're nothing other than an Android troll. Go away now, little one.

10. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I use it all the time. Success rate is nearly perfect. Dictation might not be 100% for texting, but that's probably due to my pittsburghese accent. I have to remember to pronounce things correctly or it fails. Still, it needs to read back texts that you are sending, but I'm sure that will be added in a future update.

11. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

I love Siri, though quite a few times she doesn't know what I am asking. Which is usually my fault as I speak pretty fast LOL

12. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040