Siri is demented

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by tootall, Jan 10, 2017.

1. tootall macrumors regular

Before Siri used to work quite nicely to make calls. For the last few months, it has been demented! ... this is what I have been experiencing (forgive the poor translation):

Me: "Call John Doe"

Siri understands perfectly and writes on the iPhone : " Call John Doe"
    but then Siri immediately asks "Who do you want to call?"

Me: "John Doe"

Siri: "Calling John Doe"

John Doe is in my contacts and is called often. This problem has been occurring for many if not most of my calls for the last few months.

Why is Siri so silly? She gets it right from the start, but still asks the question! :mad: Do you have that same problem?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Have you tried turning off Siri and back on? I have never experienced a problem like that. I have some problems with more complex commands, but not just calling someone.

3. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

You forgot to say please

4. GrievingFob606 Suspended

Just tell Siri a word call. When Siri asks who you want to call, answer John Doe.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Then re-program your contact on who you want to call. It's happened where contacts are misconstrued.

6. anon08 macrumors member

anon08

I don't bother with Siri anymore. I'll ask her to take me to an address. She'll understand the whole thing but then take me to the same street in a different suburb. I type the address into maps and the first suggestion will be in the suburb that I wanted to go to. So maps knows the address but the stupid thing takes me somewhere else. Happened a couple of times and the second time I didnt notice that she set maps to go to the wrong suburb and ended up half an hour from where I wanted to be

7. Lorenzo92_ macrumors newbie

Lorenzo92_

Same for me.
    Seems that Siri has been doing really wrong, especially here in Italy, most of the time understand my words, but act like a stupid.

8. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

Siri gets worse and worse over the years. I don't think they're updating it at all any more and it is deteriorating for some reason, maybe bad algorithms keep piling more garbage than ever into the database?

9. anon08 macrumors member

anon08

10. Lorenzo92_ macrumors newbie

Lorenzo92_

So true.

11. zohaali146 macrumors regular

LOL Siri never ceases to cheer me up with these kind of stories. Sorry it must be quite irritating for you to go through this.

12. tootall thread starter macrumors regular

Indeed, I don't know if it's my expectations got higher, but I remember a time when I used to like Siri... now she reminds me of some of my ex's!

13. CopyChief macrumors regular

I have noticed incredibly inconsistent results from Siri lately, even with the exact same words and the exact same transcription. It happens with directions, playing music, setting reminders or timers, everything. I wouldn't mind it if Siri were predictable, but the fact that the results seem oddly random is infuriating. (Results also vary by device - different word combinations are more effective on the iPhone, Mac and AppleTV.)

14. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

Recently, Siri misheard something I said as "you suck" -- and gave a canned, "humorous" response ("After all I've done for you?").

I was amused that Siri misheard "you suck" – an actual demonstration of sucking (even though I hadn't said that).