Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoeconner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think they need to fix this. In Ohio it kind of sucks

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
That sucks. She was down all day Saturday for me in Texas, but back on Sat around 9 pm. I hope she isn't down again here today.

The annoying part is I was on a long drive on Sat and had planed to use Siri to follow up on some texts but I couldn't use her at all.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Yes, being deprived of something you don't need and didn't know existed until 2 days ago is outrageous!

notjustgc

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Yes, being deprived of something you don't need and didn't know existed until 2 days ago is outrageous!

+1

Don't worry... everything will be fine once all 4 million people who activated their 4S's yesterday get done asking Siri to open the pod bay doors and for advice on where to dump a dead body.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I'm in Ohio and Siri has been working great for me today. In fact, the only time I've had an issue was Friday night when EVERYONE was hammering the servers.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA

It's equally outrageous for people to get upset about this as it is for Apple to not have the feature up and running since they made such a big deal about how magical it was.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Maybe it wouldnt be so congested if everyone wouldnt be wasting resources by asking Siri "Beam me up".

BTW. You should ask her to "Beam me up".

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
It's equally outrageous for people to get upset about this as it is for Apple to not have the feature up and running since they made such a big deal about how magical it was.

and they clearly did say it was BETA.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
It may not be down. Try turning Siri off, then rebooting, then turning Siri on again.

I had a problem with Siri connecting to the network and those steps fixed it.

TheDude73

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
It may not be down. Try turning Siri off, then rebooting, then turning Siri on again.

I had a problem with Siri connecting to the network and those steps fixed it.

This was mere coincidence. You can get the same effect by simply waiting a minute or two (without restarting Siri) and getting lucky that the network is available. Rebooting doesn't change the fact that millions of people were sitting around asking Siri all sorts of ridiculous questions yesterday - come Monday when most of these people are back to work, Siri will be more available.

sigp6

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
+1

Don't worry... everything will be fine once all 4 million people who activated their 4S's yesterday get done asking Siri to open the pod bay doors and for advice on where to dump a dead body.

Just about launched coffee through my nose. Too funny (and undoubtedly true...)!

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
This was mere coincidence. You can get the same effect by simply waiting a minute or two (without restarting Siri) and getting lucky that the network is available. Rebooting doesn't change the fact that millions of people were sitting around asking Siri all sorts of ridiculous questions yesterday - come Monday when most of these people are back to work, Siri will be more available.

I don't think it was coincidence because I wasn't able to use Siri at all for the whole day. Did what I described, and it worked, and has been working since then, without fail. I don't think it was a network issue.

MortalDays

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
I am in Texas as well but she has been working like a charm. I am on Verizon; maybe that's why. :D

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think they need to fix this. In Ohio it kind of sucks

I think Apple has to reduce the online part of Siri.... why can't they deploy the engine (at least the parts that don't need internet access) to the iPhone locally?

It's just like web vs apps... for webpages you need to load everything incl. the user interface every time you go to the website, i.e. slower. It's fine for desktops/laptops but terrible for mobile phones. That's why apps prevail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.