Siri is MUCH better today!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Risco, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Has anyone noticed that Siri is much better at detecting what you say today? I am guessing all the date it received over the weekend launch has helped it learn a bit better?

Since I got it Friday it was utterly useless, however today it seems much better. I read that the more people use it, the more accurate it gets? Anyone else noticed this?

2. JLemm macrumors regular

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Siri gets better as it learns your voice so this sounds about right.

4. Gage macrumors regular

Mine has worked fine all weekend too. My wife's Siri had trouble connecting all weekend. No clue what's up with that. Better her than me though:D

5. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Someone explain to me how Siri improves over a couple days of use? Does the Apple server continually upgrade her AI??

6. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

It's still struggling with what I say at times, but in a quiet environment and speaking slowly, it gets it close enough. Stay away from names, band and peoples, and it works reasonably well.

It still has some shocking errors even when I try to talk clearly.... "Yes, I will meet you at Coles in 10 minutes" was transcribes as "S I'll beat you at shoals in sent shaun hats"... WTF, are you trying to get me divorced there Siri? :eek:

7. Saberj macrumors regular

Haven't had any issues with Siri understanding me. Connecting to the server...that's an issue I've seen more than I care to.

8. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

Same here. It recognizes almost everything I say. But i'd say about 30% of the time I get, "I'm sorry, i'm having trouble connecting to the network". It will do that for like an hour, then start working again. I've almost stopped using Siri because by the time I go through saying what I need to, getting the network error, and getting back to the home screen, I could have just typed out what I was trying to say. It does this on WiFi and 3G.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Probably.

That's the cool thing about server-side software. Siri's 'brain' lives on an Apple server somewhere in California or North Carolina.

I guess the actual question is why wouldn't Apple be updating Siri constantly? I'd have to imagine they are, especially during these first few weeks.