Siri is not working on my wife's phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lateralus1082, Oct 24, 2011.

1. lateralus1082 macrumors member

Nov 11, 2006
    My phone- Black 16GB 4s
    Her phone- White 16GB 4s

It's happened since thursday where she tries to use Siri and it says "Cannot connect to network" blah blah blah

But the weird thing is that my Siri works. Side by side, my phone will have Siri, speech text, etc. But for some reason, hers won't work.

I have disabled/enabled, didn't work. I have disabled, restarted, enabled. Didn't work. Reset network settings, didn't work. On wifi, didn't work. 3G..well, you see where I'm going.

My wife is pretty pissed off since this was one of the big features that she really liked. Anything else I can do before I call Apple or take to an Apple Store (when I go back home this weekend)?

P.S. Also, when I restart her phone, it takes a good 1-2 minutes after it reboots to find a signal. :confused:
  2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Dec 19, 2007
    thats pretty weird, sorry to hear. i would try taking her sim card out and popping it back in after 30 seconds. hopefully that will help with the signal issue. as far as siri goes, no clue.
  3. lateralus1082 thread starter macrumors member

Nov 11, 2006
    I guess I'll give apple a call when we get home from work. I understand if there's a network issue and it doesn't work, but when my phone works and hers doesn't that's a problem that I cannot accept, especially with the money we paid for the phones.
  4. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Apr 1, 2011
    If she's on AT&T she needs a new SIM card. They are free from the store
  5. lateralus1082 thread starter macrumors member

Nov 11, 2006
    So a new SIM card is needed to make Siri work? She has 0 problems with phone calls, texting, and web browsing.
  6. TiBook550 macrumors member

Jan 6, 2004
    Atl, GA
    Here's what I did when Siri stopped working for me once too, and nothing seemed to remedy it: Go to Settings-General-Reset-Reset All Settings.

You'll have to go through the initial setup again, but all of your data and apps will be intact, and hopefully now Siri will be working again.

Good luck.
  7. WilliamG macrumors G3

Mar 29, 2008
    You do not need a SIM card in for Siri to work. Tested.
  8. dave006 Contributor

Jul 3, 2008
    Just West of East
    Simple test, just swap your Micro-SIMs and see if your Micro-SIM works with her white iPhone.

Report back if her Micro-SIM works in your iPhone. That would indicate a possible hardware issue with her iPhone. Since you ruled out that it does not work on Wifi or much less on 3G.