siri issue

qwerty1202

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Just got my 6+ and siri is using her old voice.

How do I get the enhanced one?

I went into voiceover, but it wont download

help!

X-X

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
What you hear is all you get.

Apple improved it a little tiny bit, but Siri still sounds like crap compared to Google Now.
They should re-record everything using a new voice actor, someone who doesn't sound so strict and robotic.

I don't think this is a tech problem, they made a bad choice with the woman they picked.

She sound completely soulless.

Last edited:

qwerty1202

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
What you hear is all you get.

Apple improved it a little tiny bit, but Siri still sounds like crap compared to Google Now.
They should re-record everything using a new voice actor, someone who doesn't sound so strict and robotic.

I don't think this is a tech problem, they made a bad choice with the woman they picked.

She sound completely soulless.
I def have the non enhanced one compared to my iPhone 5 which has it and my ipad, so something is up

i will update

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Weird, I don't have the option for Alex in accessibility > speech.

I had noticed that Siri sounds more robotic in ios8 as well, very much the way she used to. After a little tinkering, I don't believe changing any speech settings pertains to Siri at all anyway.

That being said, I was totally unaware of the two finger pull down to read page gesture. Is this new? I've been looking for this EXACT feature for ages. Coupled with reader? good Lord it'll read me news articles.

Last edited:

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
Plug in overnight on WiFi and the enhanced voice should be there in the AM
THIS. The OS comes with a lower quality voice to keep download size down (even though iOS 8 is pretty big anyways). It'll download the new voice next time it's plugged in and on WiFi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.