Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
when I hold the crown to activate Siri, it goes to the “sorry I couldn’t hear u” text within 1 second of activating Siri. It doesn’t even allow me to speak at first attempt so I have to click the crown again and try a few times.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I hold the crown n speak or what?

co1f

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
when I hold the crown to activate Siri, it goes to the “sorry I couldn’t hear u” text within 1 second of activating Siri. It doesn’t even allow me to speak at first attempt so I have to click the crown again and try a few times.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I hold the crown n speak or what?

Just press for a second until siri comes up, then let go. Or set up “hey siri”, that’s my preferred.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
I am but she instantly says sorry can’t hear you

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Sounds like you're holding the crown too long before letting go to talk. Either let it go the instant Siri is invoked, or hold it the entire time you're talking to it. Anything in between that will elicit the response you're getting. Or just use Hey Siri ______________ with no delay after you say Hey Siri. Give your whole command in one line. If you're having the same problem with Hey Siri something else is wrong.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Sounds like you're holding the crown too long before letting go to talk. Either let it go the instant Siri is invoked, or hold it the entire time you're talking to it. Anything in between that will elicit the response you're getting. Or just use Hey Siri ______________ with no delay after you say Hey Siri. Give your whole command in one line. If you're having the same problem with Hey Siri something else is wrong.

Something else is definitely wrong because I let go of the crown the second I see the Siri thing.

co1f

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
... Or just use Hey Siri ______________ with no delay after you say Hey Siri. Give your whole command in one line. ...

On AW3 LTE, I can’t say it like that. I can consistently on my iPhone 7, but on watch, I have to pause after “hey siri”, until she comes up. Otherwise it doesn’t work every time. I’d guess about half the time I can run it all together, but the other half, Siri completely misses... so now I pause.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
You know what, I think I MIGHT have figured it out...I think Siri is hearing the really low level music in the background and thinking it’s me talking.

co1f

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
Something else is definitely wrong because I let go of the crown the second I see the Siri thing.

Did you try turning it off and restarting?
Give it a few minutes after it restarts to get everything loaded before trying.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
This thing is definitely stupid.

She says what do u want to say? But never shows the Siri activated crap. So I have to press it again.

Takes 15 tries to send 1 Text. She keeps shutting herself off. Sick of this
[doublepost=1506710625][/doublepost]And why does it say “okay I’ll send this” and it doesn’t auto send it gives me the “don’t send” option and dumb screen just stays on that screen for 1 min and sends it with 1 min delays.

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
This thing is definitely stupid.

She says what do u want to say? But never shows the Siri activated crap. So I have to press it again.

Takes 15 tries to send 1 Text. She keeps shutting herself off. Sick of this
[doublepost=1506710625][/doublepost]And why does it say “okay I’ll send this” and it doesn’t auto send it gives me the “don’t send” option and dumb screen just stays on that screen for 1 min and sends it with 1 min delays.

When she says "okay Ill send it" it means she's going to send it. The don't send button is there in case she misunderstood you and made a mistake, so you can cancel the text.

As for your other problem, it sounds to me like you may have some other issue going on. Have you given apple a call? If not I would recommend that as your next course of action. Siri should not be giving you such a hard time.

Reactions: SR 7

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
And why does it say “okay I’ll send this” and it doesn’t auto send it gives me the “don’t send” option and dumb screen just stays on that screen for 1 min and sends it with 1 min delays.
This is so you have time to reject it, or you can just leave it. To send it immediately, I just press the Digital Crown.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.