Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanCara

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
Hey there,

Something incredibly strange happened last night, so I thought i'd make an account here and ask about it. Hope i'm posting this in the right place.

So last night, I decided to go get a tattoo with a couple of friends, I'd never put it in my calendar or sent any messages to anyone about it. The radio was on whilst the machine was going, and one of my friends was really getting into the song that was playing at the time, so asked Siri "Siri what's the song?"

And Siri responded with this,

ntuI7KX.jpg

I guess it might have known based on my location, and the sound of the machine going that I was getting a tattoo. But surely enough, I was getting my inner bicep done and am still trying to figure it out.
Pretty crazy stuff!
Any ideas?

Ryan.

Last edited:

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
That's pretty ominous. I checked and there didn't seem to be a song titled that. Plus, Siri always gives an author when she gives you a song.

RyanCara

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
don't feed the troll
I'm no troll, this actually happened. I guess it's not that important, but seriously can't figure it out and it was pretty cool at the time. Maybe someone did say "inner bicep" while she was listening.
Should have you know, it's IOS 9.1. Maybe it has become sentient.

seifhatem

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
Egypt
Siri got this off youtube

If you search the exact name (with the full stop) on Youtube you'll find the video for a girl with a green shirt.
so it seems that Siri compared the background sound for the tatting machine and found the same sound in this youtube video.

Siri is clever but stupid as well :p

Last edited:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
You probably had it on your calendar too
Did you not even read the OP?

"So last night, I decided to go get a tattoo with a couple of friends, I'd never put it in my calendar or sent any messages to anyone about it. The radio was on whilst the machine was going, and one of my friends was really getting into the song that was playing..."

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
I tried playing the youtube video to Siri.

"What is this"

Siri: Hmm, I don't recognize this song.

No quotes... so that can't be it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.