Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
I'm trying to use Siri for a location based reminder.
Location services is turned on in Settings and for Reminders.
When I ask Siri to remind me something I want to do when arriving at home, it says to turn on Location services for Reminders. When I then check Location Services, Reminders has been turned off.

In the screenshots you can see the time at the top of the screen of when I had Location Services turned on for Reminders:
DC0A2DC6-799C-4590-B3D0-E73140C0F1EA_zps95nuxslp.png

when I asked Siri:
1FCF2201-1945-4D7D-8405-0A92CBA1F8DE_zps0xatqztf.png

and then went back and checked Location services again:
86719AE2-8761-49FB-804B-048467229ACD_zpsquycalrb.png

Somehow asking Siri this question turns off Location Services for Reminders. I can make this happen every time I ask Siri to do this.

Why would this happen and how can I stop it? I mean besides not using Siri.

I'm using a 6s with 9.3.1

cas85

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
How do you even get to that screen? I don't even see location services for Reminders and I've looked under the app settings and the Location stuff. I'm on a 5s 9.3.2 but I doubt there is a difference in that.

Do you also have location enabled under "Siri & Dictation", as well as location based alerts under "System Services"?

If this stuff doesn't work you could try restarting the phone, and then resetting settings as last resort.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
How do you even get to that screen? I don't even see location services for Reminders and I've looked under the app settings and the Location stuff. I'm on a 5s 9.3.2 but I doubt there is a difference in that.

I see it under Privacy/Location Services/Reminders

Do you also have location enabled under "Siri & Dictation", as well as location based alerts under "System Services"?.

Yes

If this stuff doesn't work you could try restarting the phone, and then resetting settings as last resort.

I really don't want remove all my settings on a whim because Siri's being an idiot.

cas85

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
Strange. I don't have that option there or anywhere that I can find to turn off location specifically for reminders. Location reminders work fine though.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Strange. I don't have that option there or anywhere that I can find to turn off location specifically for reminders. Location reminders work fine though.

The option only appears when you add a reminder and tap the location field.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.