Siri microphone in car?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pilgrim1099, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Pilgrim1099 Suspended

Hello,

I'm hard of hearing and live in a state that just banned texting while driving. The state requires using voice activation and I tested it out which worked pretty well but not perfectly.

The only issue is the traffic noise does mask my voice and Siri can't pick it up while I drive. Even if the window is closed shut, the whooshing sound still masks my voice.

I'm curious if there is a clip on or lapel microphone that wirelessly allows me to use Siri while hands free? Maybe Bluetooth? I've used a Motorola handsfree speaker but can't find it which I used with an old Razr phone years ago. It had to be recharged time to time.

I hope there's a reasonably priced product like it out there so that I don't have to raIse my voice every time I use Siri in the car.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

Maybe get a sun visor mounted bluetooth speaker.

3. Pilgrim1099 thread starter Suspended

That's what I had. It was small but I think it's lost. Cost me about $60 back in the day at Verizon since I don't want a stupid headset since I use a hearing aid.

I might have to get a new one for the visor speaker. Something small and portable.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

The Jabra Tour is a decent unit. I use one in an old truck.

5. Pilgrim1099 thread starter Suspended

Is it a microphone speaker? I can't use a jabra in the ear since I have a hearing aid.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Sun-visor mounted bluetooth speakerphone.

7. Pilgrim1099 thread starter Suspended

Gotcha. Thanks!