Siri misunderstands "NO" as "NOW"

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by kring, Oct 20, 2011.

1. kring macrumors regular

kring

Has anyone noticed that SIRI is getting the word "NO" incorrect as of today? It had not been doing it previously but as of today it keeps thinking I'm saying "NOW" no matter how clearly I try and say NO. Give it a try, tell it to send a message, then when it asks if it should send, say NO, and it will tell you "Sorry, I don't understand NOW"

2. Rubo Draco macrumors regular

Then say cancel
    But the device should adapt to you, not the other way around!

3. Theraker007 macrumors regular

Why there is no function to 'train' a word boggles my mind. I hate having to mispronounce my contacts names and certain words to get the right word to show up.

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

for contacts there is a phonetic feature. As for learning, it is supposed to learn as you use it.

5. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

As least she doesn't misunderstand "no" as "yes" like every other woman.

6. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Zing! :p

7. elistan macrumors 6502a

Yesterday, I found it impossible to get Siri to recognize "yay." She had various incorrect interpretations such as "yeah a." I think it's a word Apple simply hasn't programmed her with. I too wish there was a training/introduce-new-words function, at least with dictation.

8. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Ok all, remember

Siri is a BETA.... meaning non 100% finished product. Apple i'm sure is constantly working around the clock to get awesome features added to siri and taking in everyones input about things they'd like siri to do like opening apps, being able to teach her how we say certian words and other awesome things.

just my $0.02