Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
I have noticed that Siri sounds really muffled on my new iPad Air (uk male voice). My speakers are fine. Is this normal?

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Funny just tried it myself before I found your thread. Yeah it sound like the old low quality voice from beta. Nothing like the clear British accent on my iphone.

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
Siri muffled voice.

Thought I would google the problem and it's pretty common in ios7. Apparently it will download a high quality Siri overnight on wifi or you can follow these instructions that I found...

To fix this problem, follow these instructions (make sure Wifi is on first though):

Tap Settings >
Tap General >
Tap Accessibility >
Tap VoiceOver >
Scroll to and Tap Languages & Dialects >
Tap - Default Dialect >
Tap your preferred language (British English) > Turn on Enhanced Quality which is at the bottom of the same page.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I have noticed that Siri sounds really muffled on my new iPad Air (uk male voice). My speakers are fine. Is this normal?

This is normal and happens with every new iOS device. An HD voice gets downloaded usually when you're plugged in overnight.

Suspended
May 3, 2011
This is normal and happens with every new iOS device. An HD voice gets downloaded usually when you're plugged in overnight.

Yeah just found this https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1638789/

----------

Thought I would google the problem and it's pretty common in ios7. Apparently it will download a high quality Siri overnight on wifi or you can follow these instructions that I found...

To fix this problem, follow these instructions (make sure Wifi is on first though):

Tap Settings >
Tap General >
Tap Accessibility >
Tap VoiceOver >
Scroll to and Tap Languages & Dialects >
Tap - Default Dialect >
Tap your preferred language (British English) > Turn on Enhanced Quality which is at the bottom of the same page.

Yeah and that, it downloads the voice pack I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.