Siri needs a lot of work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sgrrsh26, Oct 21, 2011.

1. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It messes up almost everything I tell it. It can't find me movie times, I thought it could do that. You have to speak clearly not "normally" like advertised. When telling it to text my wife "you're a sweetheart" was first "your sweetheart" then after a revise became "euro sweetheart". It botches up all kinds Of words.

Another big problem I have with her is she can't read me my reminders. When I'm setting a reminder while driving I can't read it, it would be nice if she could read them back to me.

Also when sending a text she asks "do you want to send it?" she doesn't understand "no". Really?

It's a great idea but it needs a lot of work. I can't wait to see how much they really improve it, or if it will only be marginally improved a year from now.

2. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Either you are talking too fast or have a very thick accent. I can talk normally and she understands me most of the time. Yes, Siri needs more work, but for a beta she isn't that bad.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

You are getting frustrated that a computer can't be perfectly human? :confused:

Artificial intelligence is stuff of legend man (along with flying cars and whatnot), give it time its still only a beta...

4. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Siri can't parse the difference between there, their, and they're. What a horrible piece of tech. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the realities of trying to make a machine read an imperfect human language.

5. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Neither can 95% of people on this and every other internet forum...

6. sgrrsh26 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Do you speak slowly or something? I have a new York accent so I don't think that would matter. I just speak normally and it has a hard time.

7. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Well played.

8. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

there's your problem.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Siri is not gonna be perfect all the time. But after awhile she will learn

10. travman1974 macrumors newbie

Are you speaking to her through a Bluetooth headset? She can't understand a thing I say when I am on my headset, granted it is a cheap crappy headset.

Other than that she works great and I do tend to mumble and speak very fast. Humans tend to have trouble understanding what I say.

11. chris-st macrumors newbie

It seems like half the time I'm like "whoa" and the other half I'm like "seriously, not even that?" Hopefully better with time as advertised, but just how long do you suppose the whole "beta" excuse will last