Siri no longer asks to confirm reminder creation

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Jun 29, 2015.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

I've noticed that on the iPhone and Apple Watch when I create a reminder through Siri, she no longer asks to confirm if she's gotten it correct. Is this a new server side update? Are you having the same result? Is there a setting somewhere to go back to the old way?

2. Phillyfinest89 macrumors member

I notice this as well. Yesterday is when I noticed after thinking it was a glitch of some sort.

3. CouponPages macrumors regular

CouponPages

This has been bugging me for a while.

Since I mainly post reminders with my headset, I can never see the screen. Now it's nearly impossible to know what the heck Siri is posting until hours later when I look at my list. Even with my Apple Watch, I would rather have confirmations because I'm now sending a lot of junk messages.

I've also noticed that Siri cuts me off mid-sentence a lot more than it did in the past. I've tried speaking faster, but it still seems to cut me off before I finish my thoughts.

I posted my take on this in one of my blogs. http://www.ideaoftheday.com/Blog/article.aspx?p=381

My guess is they are trying to reduce the round trip that the confirmation requires, but now it's virtually useless. What good is reading a reminder you saved 10 hours earlier if you can't even figure out what it means?