Siri not always working

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jef82, Oct 17, 2015.

1. jef82 macrumors member

Sometimes, a bit too often if you ask me, Siri won't work on my Apple Watch. There is an error saying that my Watch and iPhone can't make a connection to Siri. But with my phone it works well. The only solution is that I need to reboot my Watch everytime. Anyone else with this problem? Hopefully it will be sorted out by the next software update. I suppose that it's a software problem? But they aren't testing beta's for the watch or do they?

2. Smurphy Gherkin macrumors regular

Not having that exact issue, but am having a lot of trouble with Siri. I don't get error messages, I just get either nothing, or "I didn't get that", or a hang on siri screen.

It worked a lot better on WatchOS 1.01 with my first Watch - which was replaced due to another problem.

Siri on iOS9/iPhone6S+ however is much improved for me.

3. Kataran macrumors newbie

Kataran

You can try to unpair your watch and start over you won't loose any settings as your watch will make an automatic backup. I did this after I updated to 2.0 and it fixed a lot of my call issues and Siri works perfect now

4. jef82 thread starter macrumors member

I have done this already, and it seems to work but after a week or so it has the same problem again.

5. Javabird macrumors 6502

Since the Watch update, Siri isn't working for me consistently. I've found the best way is to say "hey Siri" and then give the request right away without pausing. If I say "Hey Siri" and then pause at all, it just quits after a few seconds.

6. Smurphy Gherkin macrumors regular

Well damn if a re-pair hasn't sorted things... for now. Grrr.

Thanks for the tips though...