Siri not working at all on my Mac with Sierra Beta 1

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by dsr2, Jun 25, 2016.

1. dsr2 macrumors regular

dsr2

Hey. I installed the update to my MacBook Air and it runs really well except for one thing: The icons for Siri are there, but when I go to use it, nothing happens. I checked preferences and Siri is enabled, but I can't get to even open. Any suggestions?

2. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Suggestion: file a bug report. This is part of the beta experience, and what you should be doing for any bugs you find.

3. dsr2 thread starter macrumors regular

dsr2

4. chabig macrumors 68040

You should also do us a favor and change your thread title to make it clear that you're talking about beta software. Perhaps change it to "Siri not working at all on my Mac with Sierra Beta 1".

Right now, we all know what you're talking about. But in a few years, this thread will still be here and it'll be helpful to future searchers if the distinction is clear.

5. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

In Terminal, run killall Siri. This has happened to me, and restarting the Siri process fixes it.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 29, 2016 ---
    A much better title would be "Siri Enabled, but Refusing to Open on MacOS Sierra (Beta)".

6. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I need help too. I can get Siri to launch and listen to my voice but it has never been able to give me results on anything. I get this same response every time.

Attached Files:

7. NYRob94 macrumors member

NYRob94

I'm having the same issue even after installing beta 2.

8. zizou_online, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016

zizou_online macrumors newbie

zizou_online

Same here
    --- Post Merged, Jul 8, 2016 ---
    Ok ... I changed the language to english in siri settings ... now its working (in english)

9. arkmannj macrumors 65816

arkmannj

Same issue here on Public Beta

Update: Odd fix but if I set Language to English (UK) instead of English (US)
    and the Siri Voice to British (Female) that specific combination works. if I change it to any other combination then Siri stops working.

10. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Wow this actually works for me as well as I have the same problem as you. If you find a fix for US voices and language please update :)

I changed back to US language and US voice and it seems to be working.

11. dsr2 thread starter macrumors regular

dsr2

Just an update: I reported the bug to Apple and it now seems to be fixed, at least on my Mac.

12. kh26 macrumors newbie

I had mine originally set to English (UK) and British (Female). Nothing worked. I changed it to English (Ireland) and it worked. Changed it back to UK and it's working fine now.

13. dsr2 thread starter macrumors regular

dsr2

Funny you should mention this. I was having an issue of Siri not working on my apple watch. Realized I had my phone using UK English Siri. When I switched back to US English, Siri worked fine on my watch.