Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GomerBoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Hello,
So I noticed that when I’m driving, Siri does not work on my Apple Watch. It says there is no connection to Siri. Is this because my iPhone is already bluetoothed into my car or is it a safety feature? Does anyone else notice this?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Hello,
So I noticed that when I’m driving, Siri does not work on my Apple Watch. It says there is no connection to Siri. Is this because my iPhone is already bluetoothed into my car or is it a safety feature? Does anyone else notice this?
Disconnect your phone from the car BT and see what happens. I know that when my phone is connected to my car via BT, calls that come in are not displayed on the watch but I’m pretty sure I can use Siri on the watch when connected to BT.

norbinhouston

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Houston
I'm having the same problem after upgrading to the AW4. While my iPhone is connected via bluetooth or wifi (wireless CarPlay) using my AW sometime will just say, Siri can't connect using the iPhone or AW. I mostly use it to navigate music. Like "Siri, play playlist Beatles" things like that. Really frustrating as my AW3 worked well. I've tried resetting my AW several times, but it seems the problem always comes back.

GomerBoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Disconnect your phone from the car BT and see what happens. I know that when my phone is connected to my car via BT, calls that come in are not displayed on the watch but I’m pretty sure I can use Siri on the watch when connected to BT.
I disconnected and reconnected my phone to the car bluetooth. Now “hey Siri” works fine, but I still can’t get raise to speak to work at all. Maybe that feature stays inactive while driving for safety reasons?

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
I disconnected and reconnected my phone to the car bluetooth. Now “hey Siri” works fine, but I still can’t get raise to speak to work at all. Maybe that feature stays inactive while driving for safety reasons?

Wouldn't using the Siri button on the wheel be a little easier?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.