Siri not working in UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luis Ortega, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

I've been using Siri and it works well for most questions, but if I ask it for something about a local business, for example, where is the nearest pizza restaurant, it always replies that Siri is not able to give information for businesses outside the US and also something about using only the UK voice.
    It works very well for other sorts of questions.
    Is anyone else in the UK having this problem?
    Is there a solution?

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I guess you didn't watch the keynote or have been keeping up with threads here and info posted elsewhere regards this issue. Apart from the fact it's still in beta certain features especially location based ones are only currently avaible in the US. They are supposed to be introduced in the UK and elsewhere in the world next year. As far as I'm aware no specific date has been given. Therefore it's use outside the US is limited somewhat.

3. erasr macrumors 6502

It's location based stuff, not working yet for that.

It's in it's 'beta' stage at the moment, in the future you will be able to use it to search for local businesses etc (location based stuff).

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

Also you don't have to use the UK Siri voice if you're in the UK. I've just been using the US voice as I prefer a female to a male voice.

5. Luis Ortega thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. That clears it up.
    It's a shame because it works well for other types of questions, but location services would really make it useful.
    Let's hope it comes sooner rather than later.