Siri not working on iOS 8.4 public beta

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by WB2Colorado, Apr 27, 2015.

1. WB2Colorado macrumors regular

WB2Colorado

Any time I try to use Siri I get this message (or various variations of it. I've rebooted the device, disabled and enabled Siri and nothing has worked so far.

Attached Files:

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

It's a beta, what did you expect? I would recommend filing a bug report.. which is what beta testers are supposed to do in the event of abnormality.

3. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Working fine for me but installing betas has sometimes killed Siri for me in the past. Usually I just do a DFU restore to the beta IPSW and restore all my data. Since your on the public beta, you don't have the IPSW. What I'd try is (if you feel comfortable) backup your phone, put it in to DFU mode, restore to 8.3 then re-enroll into the beta program and update to 8.4. Go back to iTunes and restore from the backup.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

After doing some troubleshooting, if possible, which can often include checking-in with others who are running the same thing to see if they are seeing the same thing or not.

5. takaiguchi macrumors member

6. rynep macrumors newbie

rynep

Mine was as well, I had to reset > Restore from iCloud backup. Bummer, but that's what Beta is.

7. Got the Shakes macrumors newbie

Sadly I think I'm going to have to do the same. Siri being broken on my phone also means it's broken on my Apple Watch too.

8. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

Same here... No Siri, and affects Apple Watch also!!! Ugh!!!! Sent a bug report to Apple.

9. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Siri is working fine for me.
    but im using the developer beta not the public beta.

10. maugustine macrumors regular

maugustine

Is there any fix for this less rolling back? Is this something Apple can fix on their end without rolling out an updated iOS?

11. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

I'm not sure, just report a bug and hopefully it will get fixed sooner than later. Sucks, can't use Apple Watch with Siri now. Not the end of the world, though.

12. twennywonn macrumors member

Its broken for me too but when I try to send feedback it says im not enrolled in any iOS beta programs... I am on 8.4.

13. maugustine macrumors regular

maugustine

Here's the solution: in settings, do Reset All Settings. This will restore Siri functionality, although will require you to set up a few things again.

14. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

Which devices are you all on? I am on iPhone 6 Plus went from 8.3 to 8.4 and it works fine

15. Clayto macrumors newbie

Clayto

I switched off both Siri and then Dictation in settings. Then I turned Siri back on and she was working again. Turned Dictation back on and everything was well in the world again.

16. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

I also rebooted phone.

Worked perfectly!!!! Thank you!!!!! #

17. jltj macrumors member

18. Got the Shakes macrumors newbie

Can confirm these steps just worked for me. For anyone with an Apple Watch, it also took a reboot after turning Siri and dictation back on on the iPhone to get Siri working again on the watch.

19. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Same exact problem for me ever since I updated to 8.4 beta 1. Hope it gets fixed soon.

20. Joshoon macrumors regular

Joshoon

Thanks a lot! This works :)

21. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Where is the option to turn on/off dictation?

22. maugustine macrumors regular

maugustine

In keyboard settings.

23. xmnj macrumors member

Works like a charm!

24. darkfiber, May 25, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015

darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

This started happening to me over the past few days. I am running iOS 8.4 beta 3 on my iPhone 5s. I saw a post with someone else with the same issue running 8.3. So this might not be beta related. Siri comes back after a while and says "Sorry, I seem to have lost my Internet connection". My network connection is working fine but it would appear that Siri can't talk to the server. I tried turning Siri and Voice dictation on and off, reseting network settings, rebooting the phone and nothing is working.

UPDATE: I also just did a DFU restore and Siri and voice dictation still aren't working. For some reason it can't connect to the server. Even though my network connection is okay.

25. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

So go back to the thoroughly tested public iOS 8.3.