Siri Now Provides Coronavirus Advice From CDC and U.S. Public Health Service

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPhone users who ask Siri about COVID-19 can now complete a questionnaire about their symptoms and potential exposure to the virus to better understand their health situation, as noted by CNBC. Apple says the answers are sourced from the CDC and U.S. Public Health Service, a division of the Department of Health and Human Services.

Apple today also shared a COVID-19-related PSA from the White House Coronavirus Task Force in its App Store on iOS devices, as retweeted by Rene Ritchie.

The same PSA can also be watched on Apple.com.

Apple earlier said it is donating millions of masks for health professionals in the U.S. and Europe.

Article Link: Siri Now Provides Coronavirus Advice From CDC and U.S. Public Health Service

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterAndrew

cmaier

macrumors P6
Jul 25, 2007
California
Siri thinks I may have it.

Pretty sure it’s a lingering cough from an otherwis—symptomless cold I caught from my daughter, who had cold symptoms.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I haven’t tested it yet, but I think this is an interesting way to utilize Siri in terms of building information in terms of finding data/research. Right now, I think any type of pertinent information regarding the pandemic is crucial, if it can be utilized through artificial intelligence, then why not.

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2006
Here in Oz, if you ask Siri the question above, she "just" refers you to the Aussie gov's health website... (Which obviously has been set up to happen over here - and is no doubt just as good as some proxy diagnosis...)

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
I don't trust Siri to make a list or set a timer. You think I am going to trust it to let me know if I have a grievous disease. LOLZ
Siri is still just asking whether we have well known symptoms like cough or fever. If I truly want to know about coronavirus, I'll simply do a google search with the same question and I can read much more information on the web. I'd ask my friends and family to take me to the hospital and immediately check my brain if they see me asking Siri whether I have coronavirus.

Reactions: Shasterball
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.