Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ben824

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
GA
Hey all I am new to the forum and just thought I would post up a couple of new things I found that Siri can do since I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet seeing as it isn't a major feature or tech update. I don't know if this is iOS6 Beta 2 specific or if she will give back these results on iOS5 too.

Now I never asked this question running iOS5 but I never hear of anyone asking her this question either but she will SING! I asked her to sing a song and this is what I got!
26716e53.jpg

Now if you are not familiar with this song it is part of the song that the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz sings when he sings about if he only had a brain!

Now the next new thing is she seems to have a new story that she tells if you ask her to tell you a story.
d41cc5de.jpg

2a7b004b.jpg

dde52f72.jpg

Again, I know this isn't some major tech subject matter, but I thought it would be fun to share!

ben824

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
GA
I swear all of that was available in iOS 5. :confused:

I knew she told a story before on iOS5 but this one seems to be new story! And l never asked her to sing before when I was running iOS5 but she does now on iOS6 haha

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London
I knew she told a story before on iOS5 but this one seems to be new story! And l never asked her to sing before when I was running iOS5 but she does now on iOS6 haha

It's not a new story, I used to get told the same one when I got my phone last year - I always have to ask about 5 times until she'll actually read that story though! As for the song, I've never tried asking on iOS5.

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
It's not a new story, I used to get told the same one when I got my phone last year - I always have to ask about 5 times until she'll actually read that story though! As for the song, I've never tried asking on iOS5.

I remember the Eliza stuff from day one. But the part about taking a dump and other stuff is new. And EPIC. Someone must have been reading all the top asked questions and decided to put a reference in siri.

EDIT
Replicated in iOS 5.
Could still be a new feature. Siri is a cloud based service and can be updated without system side updates. They could have added the dump part of the story recently. I don't think it is related to iOS6. Good find though.

EDIT 2
I could not however replicate the song in iOS 5. Maybe it is only replying with the song for iOS 6 users?

Last edited:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
got the exact same story on my iPhone 4S running 5.1 and when i ask her to sing a song i only get "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.." rather than anything longer.

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
It could have been made on ifakesiri.com or not, I dunno.

The story is legit. I can see it on iOS 5. As you can see from the attachments I am on sprint not AT&T. Im not just copying the OP's pics. Try it out for yourself if you have siri.

Attachments

• Photo Jul 12, 4 43 34 PM.png
    Photo Jul 12, 4 43 34 PM.png
    835.9 KB · Views: 330
  • Photo Jul 12, 4 43 42 PM.png
    Photo Jul 12, 4 43 42 PM.png
    890 KB · Views: 361
  • Photo Jul 12, 4 43 48 PM.png
    Photo Jul 12, 4 43 48 PM.png
    834.1 KB · Views: 359

applebro24

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Las Vegas
It took asking her 5 times with two pleases, but she finally did it on beta 2.

"OK if you insist". I do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 328

applebro24

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Las Vegas
I think this is a new one as well.

Some Apple employee just thinking these up somewhere. I like to think this is what Cook does all day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 317

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Here, there and everywhere
He sings for me (UK English, iOS 6B2).

First attempt he said "I can't sing", then I said "No go on sing a song"

Siri: "Ok, if you insist ..."

Siri: "I could while away the hours, conferring with the flowers, consulting with the rain ..."

Siri: "And my head I'd be scratching, while my thoughts were busy hatching, if I only had a ... hey wait a second!"

Me: "Thank you Siri, how about another song"

Siri: "It is I who should be thanking you."

Me: "Do you know another song?"

Siri: "Ok... how about a web search for 'Do you know another song'?"

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.