Siri on iOS 7.0.3 is much better

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sflomenb, Oct 22, 2013.

1. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I have an iPhone 5s, and I was surprised with how Siri performed. Most of the time, when I activated it from the lock screen, the circle just spins. Now, that never happens, and Siri responds almost instantly. This is the performance I expected.

2. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Siri was super fast when iOS7 was released. That was about the time they dropped the "beta" tag for it. For some strange reason, it slowed back down to iOS 6.x performance the past few weeks.

Here's hoping Siri regains her mojo and stays super responsive.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I've been getting a lot of non-responses in the past week, but none so far today. I've only tried a few times so my sample is very small.

4. JeepGC macrumors regular

I haven't noticed an improvement, but I don't use Siri too often so who knows.

5. zehra.sandra macrumors newbie

Trouble with new Siri

I have the iPod 5th gen, and with the 7.0 update, she no longer responds to my questions or takes voice notes for me. She only gives me options to voice control my music. Is this all she is capable of now? That's pretty lame if it is. Can anyone provide a way for me to have her access other voice commands?

6. chrfr macrumors 603

It sounds like Siri may be switched off. Check in Settings/General/Siri to see if it's on.

7. zehra.sandra macrumors newbie

She is activated.

no she is on since i can access her to play music through voice command. but she will not do any other function other than voice command my music. It's pretty frustrating when I drive since I'm on the road a lot.

----------

I think she may have glitched during the update so I reset my iPod to factory settings and she's working peachy. Thanks for the help :]