Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamzab

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Where is Siri?

I thought Siri would be standard on all new iOS devices?

Voice dictation isn't the same!

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
lol idk about you, but i probably wouldn't find siri very helpful, I just wouldn't use it on tablets.

eclipseblur954

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
Siri really isn't needed, the dictations is a great addition though. Being able to just say a note, or an email will be great. And since it goes through apples servers, it will be just as accurate as the 4s

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1335344/

The reason why (most likely) Siri isn't on the iPad (and probably never will be)
The real reason why is probably one or more of:

• Reducing server load. The 4S is probably stressing Apple's servers, and Apple may not have sufficient capacity to handle the horde of iPad users.
  • Keeping Siri as a "big new feature" for a future iPad. Apple needs "big features" for each product release, and Siri would be a great addition to the iPad (because it potentially makes a great personal assistant, regardless of what the "it-only-makes-sense-on-an-iPhone" people claim). Today, the big new feature is the retina display. While announcing Siri for the iPad would have been nice, Siri can now be used as a "big feature" for some future iPad. (Admittedly, the one big argument against this is that Apple wants to keep this as an iPhone-only feature, not because it only makes sense on an iPhone, but to entice people into buying the iPhone.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.