Siri on iPad 3/HD/Whatever it's called!?

hamzab

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Where is Siri?

I thought Siri would be standard on all new iOS devices?

Voice dictation isn't the same!

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
lol idk about you, but i probably wouldn't find siri very helpful, I just wouldn't use it on tablets.

eclipseblur954

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
Siri really isn't needed, the dictations is a great addition though. Being able to just say a note, or an email will be great. And since it goes through apples servers, it will be just as accurate as the 4s

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
left coast, US
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1335344

The reason why (most likely) Siri isn't on the iPad (and probably never will be)
The real reason why is probably one or more of:

• Reducing server load. The 4S is probably stressing Apple's servers, and Apple may not have sufficient capacity to handle the horde of iPad users.
  • Keeping Siri as a "big new feature" for a future iPad. Apple needs "big features" for each product release, and Siri would be a great addition to the iPad (because it potentially makes a great personal assistant, regardless of what the "it-only-makes-sense-on-an-iPhone" people claim). Today, the big new feature is the retina display. While announcing Siri for the iPad would have been nice, Siri can now be used as a "big feature" for some future iPad. (Admittedly, the one big argument against this is that Apple wants to keep this as an iPhone-only feature, not because it only makes sense on an iPhone, but to entice people into buying the iPhone.)