Siri on iPad 3 should be cool

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Old news. This was announced at WWDC back in June.
He didn't say it wasn't old news. He said he may upgrade for this.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to having Siri on my iPad. After becoming so used to it on my iPhone, it feels strange not having it on my iPad.

MacFan23

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
He didn't say it wasn't old news. He said he may upgrade for this.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to having Siri on my iPad. After becoming so used to it on my iPhone, it feels strange not having it on my iPad.
I feel the same way, I want it on my mac too!
Can't wait for those sports features

kokhean

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2010
They purposely left it out on firmwares prior to iOS 6 because they knew that the untethered jailbreak was going to be released.

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
Tried it on ios6, it still has trouble understanding me.. Tried googles equivalent on the N7, worked fine every time.l. FML :(

ougum

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch)

TB07-NJ said:
I may upgrade for this.:D
It's just a toy/gimmick and for most people rarely used after the initial playtime wears off.
I use it every day for finding music in my library and dialing contacts. Now that I've used it on my iPhone, I couldn't imagine not having it. Looking forward to having it on my iPad.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
It's entertaining and for some few stuff helpful. But not yet flexible enough. She need to learn much more. Will take some more years. But an interesting development for a companion device like iPhone and iPad.

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
I use it regularly on my 4S, but I guess I should stop what with it being a gimmick and all.:rolleyes:
No one ever said anyone should stop using it (comments like that are totally meaningless and contribute nothing to the conversation). It has been a reported on many of the various blogs and resources that most people rarely use it after the initial novelty period wears off. I also clearly stated "MOST" people and obviously you aren't one of the "most people." Personally (that means in MY opinion and not your opinion) it's really nothing but a silly gimmick with few minor exceptions.

It is very useful for people who have no friends and like to talk to inanimate objects. I find using SIRI is like talking to my kids & grandkids. You have to repeat yourself over and over and they still don't understand what they are being asked to do. :)

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
It's just a toy/gimmick and for most people rarely used after the initial playtime wears off.
Siri on a phone is actually extremely useful and allows you to get things done faster (It's faster for me to call my friends or get basic info without even having to unlock my phone faster than if I did it all manually).

That said, Siri on a tablet doesn't make as much sense as it does on a phone, other than for the toy/gimmick effect.

DKatri

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2009
Birmingham, UK
Yet to really try it on an iPhone (I still have a 4) but I imagine i'd use it much more on a phone than on the iPad. The sports scores is what i'll probably use more than anything else, could save me installing a score tracking app.

vladtheimpaler

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2011
Leading The Leaders
No one ever said anyone should stop using it (comments like that are totally meaningless and contribute nothing to the conversation). It has been a reported on many of the various blogs and resources that most people rarely use it after the initial novelty period wears off. I also clearly stated "MOST" people and obviously you aren't one of the "most people." Personally (that means in MY opinion and not your opinion) it's really nothing but a silly gimmick with few minor exceptions.

It is very useful for people who have no friends and like to talk to inanimate objects. I find using SIRI is like talking to my kids & grandkids. You have to repeat yourself over and over and they still don't understand what they are being asked to do. :)
Are you short, fat, or both? Either way, be pleased with who you are and try not to be so angry. Certainly claiming ignorance like the bolded is idiotic.

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Are you short, fat, or both? Either way, be pleased with who you are and try not to be so angry. Certainly claiming ignorance like the bolded is idiotic.
Since you seem so interested in my personal statistics I'm 5'11" 211 lbs. Not quite tall or fat (but formerly pretty fat). I have recently lost around 49lbs since early March. If you want my phone number just drop me a PM. ;)

Guess you are as blind as I am tall & "zoftig" as you didn't see the yellow ":)" after the comment you are referring to.

IT WAS A JOKE, DUMMY! Lighten up.

iphonenub

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2009
Is there a gesture for Siri on the iPad or are you stuck holding the home button down?