Siri on iPad 3 should be cool

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snook911, Aug 3, 2012.

1. snook911, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

snook911 macrumors 6502a

2. rainking macrumors regular

Old news. This was announced at WWDC back in June.

3. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

He didn't say it wasn't old news. He said he may upgrade for this.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to having Siri on my iPad. After becoming so used to it on my iPhone, it feels strange not having it on my iPad.

4. rainking macrumors regular

He edited his original post.

5. MacFan23 macrumors 6502

I feel the same way, I want it on my mac too!
    Can't wait for those sports features

6. kokhean macrumors regular

They purposely left it out on firmwares prior to iOS 6 because they knew that the untethered jailbreak was going to be released.

7. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

Tried it on ios6, it still has trouble understanding me.. Tried googles equivalent on the N7, worked fine every time.l. FML :(

8. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

It's nice on the iPad. Especially since it only pops up by the home button. Not covering the whole screen.

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

It's just a toy/gimmick and for most people rarely used after the initial playtime wears off.

10. ougum macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch)

I use it every day for finding music in my library and dialing contacts. Now that I've used it on my iPhone, I couldn't imagine not having it. Looking forward to having it on my iPad.

11. dchao macrumors 6502a

I will not use it on a regular basis either, it's quicker to type on the keyboard.

12. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

It's entertaining and for some few stuff helpful. But not yet flexible enough. She need to learn much more. Will take some more years. But an interesting development for a companion device like iPhone and iPad.

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I use it regularly on my 4S, but I guess I should stop what with it being a gimmick and all.:rolleyes:

14. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

rarely use it on the 4s....would never use it on ipad

15. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

No one ever said anyone should stop using it (comments like that are totally meaningless and contribute nothing to the conversation). It has been a reported on many of the various blogs and resources that most people rarely use it after the initial novelty period wears off. I also clearly stated "MOST" people and obviously you aren't one of the "most people." Personally (that means in MY opinion and not your opinion) it's really nothing but a silly gimmick with few minor exceptions.

It is very useful for people who have no friends and like to talk to inanimate objects. I find using SIRI is like talking to my kids & grandkids. You have to repeat yourself over and over and they still don't understand what they are being asked to do. :)

16. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Siri on a phone is actually extremely useful and allows you to get things done faster (It's faster for me to call my friends or get basic info without even having to unlock my phone faster than if I did it all manually).

That said, Siri on a tablet doesn't make as much sense as it does on a phone, other than for the toy/gimmick effect.

17. DKatri macrumors 6502

Yet to really try it on an iPhone (I still have a 4) but I imagine i'd use it much more on a phone than on the iPad. The sports scores is what i'll probably use more than anything else, could save me installing a score tracking app.

18. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

Are you short, fat, or both? Either way, be pleased with who you are and try not to be so angry. Certainly claiming ignorance like the bolded is idiotic.

19. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Since you seem so interested in my personal statistics I'm 5'11" 211 lbs. Not quite tall or fat (but formerly pretty fat). I have recently lost around 49lbs since early March. If you want my phone number just drop me a PM. ;)

Guess you are as blind as I am tall & "zoftig" as you didn't see the yellow ":)" after the comment you are referring to.

IT WAS A JOKE, DUMMY! Lighten up.

20. iphonenub macrumors regular

Is there a gesture for Siri on the iPad or are you stuck holding the home button down?