iPhone Siri on iPhone 4 5.1.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by h4mza, Sep 23, 2012.

1. h4mza macrumors 6502

How can i get a fully working Siri on iPhone for 5.1.1. There are lots of tutorials on internet but none of the sources work. Does anyone know a reliable source?

2. wws macrumors member

iModSiri with ***** Sirizone.

siri.*****.com
    *****.com/siri

3. xentelworker macrumors newbie

4. h4mza thread starter macrumors 6502

5. mac.junkie macrumors member

mac.junkie

I just installed SiriPort on my 4 with 5.1.1 and it works great!

6. enklined macrumors 6502

DO NOT INSTALL THIS. Read why here.

I just installed the mod using the above link. After install it sends you to a website that wants you to install an unverifying certificate and asks for your passcode. Think about what you're allowing this random Russian website to do, and what it has access to on your phone. **** that. I cancelled out, and removed it via Cydia. Not sure if it's completely gone though, so probably gonna restore.

Or I'm just paranoid because I'm at a (7).

7. xentelworker macrumors newbie

I don't recall ever giving the app any sort of passcode. It worked straight with a downloaded cert. Unsure if anyone else seen similar issues? I"ve already done this on 3 iPhones and have been working flawlessly.

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Yep and identity theft might work flawless as well.
    I had spire on my IP4 when it was just out, i was very uncomfortable with installing non-verifyable cert's from the 3rd-party siri server.

9. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

I also put this on 3 iphones including mines with no problem. Can't steal anything off my phone if they wanted to anyways since I don't do banking or make purchases on my phone. But I find it funny that everytime a new Siri work around comes out for iphone 4 and lower it's dangerous.

10. TheRealPorkchop macrumors regular

TheRealPorkchop

I read somewhere that text and some other stuff was sent to the Apple server with the real Siri on 4S. So if that's the case, they claimed that using such as Siriport and some of the other Google API based servers, they did the same thing. So if that's true, that means your information, whole or part, is being stored or accessed off those servers.

It's just a matter of time before the port servers are all shut down and the only thing left will be API servers, which suck in my opinion. They don't offer the same responses as Apple's servers, there always seemed to be some bug with the map and location services.

I'll just say proceed at your own risk and use caution. I really wanted Siri so I just went and got a used 4S so I could play with it.

11. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

They might access your apple account, which might have CC details. People tend to have same password for multiple sites/services, which could lead to other breaches on email, social media, etc.

By nature opening up your personal information to an unverified 3rd party server is security risk, would be pretty naive to argue against that.

Of course everbody has to make their own choices in level of security.

12. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

yeah a possibly but I won't be using it that much longer since i'll have a 5 sometime next month. Also been using Seriport since it came out with no problems nor have I heard of anyone with problems. All these new jailbreak apps come with a risk.