Siri on iPhone 4 - will it last?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by drock, Dec 18, 2011.

1. drock macrumors newbie

I think that the Siri port for iPhone 4 now makes the 4 very competitive with the 4S... unless you really want that better camera and processor.

I just bought the 4S and was thinking it may be worth exchanging for the 4...

but I'm wondering if this Siri hack will last long. There have been plenty of articles coming out about how 5.0.1 made it "legal" to apply the Siri hack, but what if that changes??

And isn't the 4's hacked Siri communicating with Apple through a proxy server? What happens if that goes down?

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I'm guessing it'll be a game of cat and mouse like everything else in the jailbreak world. Siri isn't all that great though. It's cool at first, but now I rarely use it.

There are definite differences with the 4S though. I think they increased the animation framerate or something, because everything feels a lot smoother even though the 4 never seemed to lag in the first place.

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

I'd love to see this "Siri port" you speak of.

4. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Like the poster above said, there isn't even a viable port out there for the older devices...

Yes its reported that the newer release 5.0.1 opened up options for a "Legal" port, but this still hasn't been evidenced.

I would love for some hacker to do it as I'm an iPhone4 owner;) but its way too early to jump in excitement to conclusions..

5. McBeats macrumors 6502a

Daaamn, I already made one of these too...

[​IMG]