Siri on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dave Felix, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I know of ways people have gotten the GUI on iPhone 4 but the voice commands won't work. I just want to know if ITS POSSIBLE to run Siri on an iPhone 4 like it runs on 4S.

I've done some reading and watching videos, but they videos DONT prove its a 4 as opposed to a 4S. Please let me know.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It is possible. But the details have not yet been released. They've even shown it working on a 3Gs.

3. Airvision macrumors newbie

Yeah, yeah they show it everywhere, yet anywhere with how to actually do it. Scumbag hackers.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

They have good reason to not show how. If they showed how, they'd have to release or give reason to release Apple's copyrighted code. This could drag the jailbreak community in to legally bad areas. There's also the need for an iPhone 4S' unique Siri key. It is currently unknown exactly how Apple will react to the unauthorized use of that key on a non-iPhone 4S. Do research next time before calling people names they don't deserve.

5. Airvision macrumors newbie

Sorry, didn't know the background behind this, and didn't realize this Siri is such a big deal to port. Well, I wanted this because of curiosity only, anyway.

6. mantic macrumors 6502a

I'm awaiting this to break out. If I can get Siri on my 4 I wil likely not upgrade until the iphone 5 comes out.

7. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Yeah thats the thing, I know I can't ask for details on the forums but searching through Google I've found ways to actually download Siri and do it through a jailbreak. I just hope its not just the GUI, I want the whole thing.

8. heyloo macrumors 6502

The thing that I wasn't too sure about was the 4S auth key that these guys used to authenticate the session(?) with the Apple servers. Not too sure what's going on but it seemed to me that they're spoofing the auth key so the older devices actually look like 4S with Apple? I could be totally off but that's the impression that I got...

I thought about holding off on the upgrade until the iPhone 5 but I got a decent offer with my iPhone 4 so made the jump :) It's great so far :)

Regardless, here's to hoping for an untethered jailbreak and Siri for older devices soon ;)

9. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

thanks lol much appreciated