Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipawnforfun1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Under your bed
Can anyone tell me how to get siri on iphone 4 .. i just saw a post saying it was easy to get siri on all idivices now.. so just curious how to get it?

SheldonCooper

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
I wouldn't recommend you do, it really isnt worth the trouble it'll cost you. I installed Siri for iOS 6.0.1 and it worked for about a day before my iPhone crashed. Repeated a few days later and same results, could be just my luck. :eek:

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
When I had my iPhone 4 I had Siri by downloading Spire which is only available on certain iOS releases now.

Then I paid for a proxy from *****'s website which lasted a year for around £12.

The only option that didn't work was the raise to ear spec.

Apart from that it worked a treat.

The only real reason I wanted Siri on my ip4 is because apple said it wouldn't work and so couldn't have it !

;)

applebro

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
When I had my iPhone 4, I had Greenst0ne (I think that's what it is called). It costs $15 one time fee, but it was well worth it relative to the free Siri options that are out there. I actually like it more than Siri on my iPhone 5. They added plugins or whatever it's called so Siri did more and said more.

With that said, I do agree with the above user that Siri is vastly overrated. I rarely use it on my iPhone 5.

***EDIT***

It's called Rainst0ne. Here's the link http://rainstone.co

ipawnforfun1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Under your bed
Use google app with now now tweak. Better and faster than Siri . Just set shortcut to short hold one button

Ok i got google app with nownow tweak.. works like a charm..and i wanted to ask if the nownow tweak wth the google app just allows you to search for google? or like siri which allows iOS apps also like messages read tweets etc.. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.