iPod touch Siri on iPod touch 3G

pod5g

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2013
Are there any safe Siri ports on the iPod touch 3G running iOS 5.1.1? If you know any, can you tell me how to proceed? Thanks!

ETA- By safe I mean a Siri port that does not data mine.

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Are there any safe Siri ports on the iPod touch 3G running iOS 5.1.1? If you know any, can you tell me how to proceed? Thanks!
Since you can restore and rejailbreak its not too bad, but for the most part, Siri ports are a mess. They may work at first but at some pint you'll have issues. They alter system files so when you remove the port, it leaves a mess behind because they don't really fix the files.

Sorry I don't know what to recommend. I've never used them personally. I've just read a lot about them. Maybe you can find a safe and reliable package. Good luck!

Edit: while viewing the main jailbreak and hacks sub-forum, search "Siri port" with the "Search This Forum" tool drop down underneath the forum page numbers in the top right. You'll find a TON of threads on this topic.

Last edited:

pod5g

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2013
Since you can restore and rejailbreak its not too bad, but for the most part, Siri ports are a mess. They may work at first but at some pint you'll have issues. They alter system files so when you remove the port, it leaves a mess behind because they don't really fix the files.

Sorry I don't know what to recommend. I've never used them personally. I've just read a lot about them. Maybe you can find a safe and reliable package. Good luck!

Edit: while viewing the main jailbreak and hacks sub-forum, search "Siri port" with the "Search This Forum" tool drop down underneath the forum page numbers in the top right. You'll find a TON of threads on this topic.
Thanks!

pod5g

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2013
Update- I used [Ac!d] and WordJelly to get Siri. It works fine. The GUI is a little different (not too big of a difference). One annoyance is that after everything I say, a popup to donate to WordJelly comes up. Only a minor annoyance, though.