iPod touch Siri on iPod touch 3G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pod5g, May 23, 2013.

1. pod5g, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013

pod5g macrumors regular

Are there any safe Siri ports on the iPod touch 3G running iOS 5.1.1? If you know any, can you tell me how to proceed? Thanks!

ETA- By safe I mean a Siri port that does not data mine.

2. BumpyFlatline, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Since you can restore and rejailbreak its not too bad, but for the most part, Siri ports are a mess. They may work at first but at some pint you'll have issues. They alter system files so when you remove the port, it leaves a mess behind because they don't really fix the files.

Sorry I don't know what to recommend. I've never used them personally. I've just read a lot about them. Maybe you can find a safe and reliable package. Good luck!

Edit: while viewing the main jailbreak and hacks sub-forum, search "Siri port" with the "Search This Forum" tool drop down underneath the forum page numbers in the top right. You'll find a TON of threads on this topic.

3. pod5g thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

4. pod5g thread starter macrumors regular

Update- I used [Ac!d] and WordJelly to get Siri. It works fine. The GUI is a little different (not too big of a difference). One annoyance is that after everything I say, a popup to donate to WordJelly comes up. Only a minor annoyance, though.