Siri on the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by theperipheral, Oct 19, 2011.

1. theperipheral macrumors 6502

2. joshs2000ss macrumors member

Speed, Camera, storage capacity (64g), better wireless antenna functionality... need I go on?

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Basically, there's a better camera. Better antenna doesn't really make a difference, most people won't get 64GB and the A5 is nice, but on its own it isn't amazing.

Need you go on? No, because you can't say anything else... :p

4. theperipheral thread starter macrumors 6502

I had the 4, I have the 4S...

Speed is, for me, unnoticeably similar. Maybe a TINY bit snappier, but overall very similar. Camera and video haven't really changed a ton from the 4, either. Yeah, they are higher resolution, but resolution doesn't determine quality. Quality wise, they are very similar to me.

I have the 32, and only because of the video and pictures being higher resolution. Never would need 64.

The antenna functionality I guess is a plus, but I never had issues with the 4, so it's just peace of mind thing for me. The only thing that really is different is now I have the white iPhone instead of the black. The white is definitely sexier. But I coulda just gotten the white 4.

5. joshs2000ss macrumors member

Touche. I'm upgrading from the 3GS, so it's a whole new world for me.

----------

Has the proximity sensor issue been fixed with this model? My wife still has issues with her 4 and muting people during conversation.

6. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

except for the fact that siri is useless with out approval from apple servers

7. theperipheral thread starter macrumors 6502

If you read the article, he claims he has it working 100%.

8. antifeik macrumors regular

antifeik

9. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

it probably will happen, and to be honest it pisses me off that apple won't allow iPhone 4 users to just have it.

the topic has been beaten to death on whether the iPhone 4 can "handle" it or not. by seeing how siri worked before they killed the app and how apps like Vlingo continue to operate almost flawlessly on both the 4 and 3GS, i think that siri can work on the iPhone 4, but apple just wants people who would otherwise not upgrade to take the plunge.