Siri Port question?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

When the hacker who ported siri said that he needs the 4s jailbreak, does this mean when the 4s jailbreak is released, that the siri port will be too?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No, it means that for the port of SIRI to work a 4S Jailbreak is needed that is "ALL" it means

4. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought that it already worked?

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah it works...and in order to work you need access to 4S device. He got a token from it, how he did it? he is not sharing, but for us "regular users" to get that we need a jailbreak. (my guess is that he got access to a early 4S jailbreak that is not even close to be ready for public release, but good enough so he can access the files he needed).

6. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess when he does release the port, it is going to be damn near impossible to accomplish for the average user.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well, he said he is NOT releasing any tool or anything else besides the poof on concept he already got working, it will be up to "someone else" or some other "team" to develop a tool if any. My personal guess is that only instruction will be release on how to do it, how you get those files out of a 4s will be up to you.

8. lellis2k macrumors 6502

lellis2k

which will most likely be someone uploading them to a torrent or filesharing site