Siri port to all iOS devices makes it hard to keep 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cfairbank, Oct 19, 2011.

1. cfairbank macrumors 6502

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

the better GPU and CPU may not be realized yet, but in my opinion, towards the end of 4.X and with the JB, the i4 started to feel sluggish. I think the camera and HSPDA are amazing too.

3. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Not a chance. The faster processing, the camera, the integration of Siri... all make it worth it.

I had the siri app on my 4. This is sooo much better.

4. PaulyD macrumors 6502

I would stick with my 4S over my 4, Siri is good but not my favourite part of the phone

5. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just want to try it. Im sure i wont actually use it as much as id think.

Having it available on my iphone 4 will be nice. The 4S isnt enough to make me upgrade. I have a tight budget right now, so I have to think about my purchases. Otherwise I would have had it already.

That said, if Siri & the built in trxt dictation runs properly on the 4, ill be a happy camper!!

6. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I would keep the 4S. 64GB model is mos def a keeper.

7. farmermac macrumors 6502a

I was siriously on the fence about the 4s but decided to keep it. It feels much faster then the 4. I'm hoping the jb comes soon though.

8. l3it3r macrumors regular

l3it3r

it doesn't say no jailbreaking required. It said that he didn't need the iPhone 4S to be JB'd to get the software required to make siri work on other iOS devices - which WILL need to be jailbroken.

9. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

I have yet to use the 4s but I would probably be more inclined to keep my 4 and not upgrade if I could get Siri to work WELL on the iPhone 4. Not enough of a change to make me sign up for another 2 years when a totally different phone may be just a year away. I also will not spend $600 for an unsubsidized phone. Don't have the free money for that.

10. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Nope not a chance of going back to my 32gb 4. CPU/GPU, Camera and HSPD+ is worth it to me plus 64gb. Not even questioning the upgrade. Also looking forward to the next iPhone too and will upgrade to that with out reservations also.

11. l3it3r macrumors regular

l3it3r

Yeah, I've got more than 40GB of stuff on my iPhone now.. could never go back to 32GB... plus the wife is a little attached to her 'new' 4 now :p

12. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

lets see how Apple reacts to this, when it comes out and becomes popular ;)

13. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

They will find a way to stop it, then developers will find a way to get it back. Its a never ending process, just like jailbreaking and rooting devices.

14. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

this. there is no substitute for more space.

15. MastahRiz, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Don't really care for Siri one way or the other, at least not yet. It played absolutely no roll in my decision to buy a 4S

16. X3NIA macrumors member

I thought of exchanging for Android.

But then I realized that I didn't get the iPhone for the newest features, best specs, or most customization...

I got it because it is easy to use. Sure, it is locked down... But I like my phone to be a phone. I used to build computers and if I feel like spending hours getting things just right for a (small) marginally better experience I'd just get back into building computers.

I like the fact that it generally has the better apps all in one easy location, has the best music player, the best camera, and the best ease of use. It is guaranteed quality and the support is better than any other Android company thus far.

Just my opinion.

17. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Siri was the decision maker for me. It's so damn obnoxious I avoided the 4S. If this is the future of Apple, then at least I had a great time while it lasted. Suddenly anything else looks better. Siri sucks.

18. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Nope the camera and speed will keep me on the 4S. Only thing is I wish the camera had an option to switch down to 720P to save storage and battery life if you needed to...Staying at 8MP for still photos is fine, but sometimes you just don't need all the extra pixels in a video.

19. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

If I had the cash I'd upgrade just for the A5 with 64GB, my 32GB iP4 is running low on disk space.

20. wratran macrumors regular

The 4s is already a year behind other competitor