Siri port tutorial?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by podsorcerer09, Dec 16, 2011.

1. podsorcerer09 macrumors regular

With the recent news that (at least for now) The files necessary for Siri on the iPhone 4 are decrypted, I was wondering if anyone had a link to the steps for a port. I've got plenty of time to play with it and my brother has a 4S so the files are readily accessible to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Ok...well technically the "files" are not "decrypted" but instead they were never encrypted. And all we know is that the "files" are accessible, but there is not public info as of yet on what those files are or ny type of tutorial how to port it. What you can find online now is the alternative process where a proxy is used to fool Apple's servers.

we still have a little bit of waiting to do.

3. podsorcerer09 thread starter macrumors regular

What I meant was, I know that there has been work on the port and I was unsure if one of the developers had posted how he did it. yes the files aren't encrypted the ramdisk is blah blah, in the long run it had the same effect. Thanks for your answer though

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Fallow @qwertyoruiop via twitter
    Made a simple bash script that downloads the 5.0.1r2 IPSW, takes necessary files for siri, creates a tar.gz. Easy ;D