Siri predictions on iPhone 6S Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by th3r3ds0x, Oct 7, 2015.

1. th3r3ds0x macrumors regular

th3r3ds0x

I noticed on my iPhone 6 Plus that after I updated to iOS 9 Siri would tell me the current travel time to town and what traffic was like when I got in my car. When I got my 6S Plus I restored from a backup of my 6 but I've noticed that I no longer receive this or any info when I get in the car. Is there a way to turn it on? Siri and hey Siri are both enabled but I see nothing else.

2. bogie66 macrumors newbie

bogie66

Following, because this happened to me. Had a 5s, updated to ios 9, and loved the travel time popping up on the screen when I started my car. I bought a 6s plus, and restored from my 5s backup, and now I don't have that feature anymore. I tried turning Siri suggestions off, then back on, but that didn't help. I really hate the thought of setting up my phone from scratch just to get the travel time feature working.

3. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I'm not sure about this, but perhaps you need to turn Location Based Alerts and Frequent Locations back on (I'm guessing that maybe they're off after you did the updates?). You might also have to re-associate your home address with Siri.

4. th3r3ds0x thread starter macrumors regular

th3r3ds0x

Okay I checked and I have location based alerts and frequent locations turned on. I even see the history of the places and times I've traveled, cool and creepy at the same time. I noticed I had spotlight and safari location suggestions turned off, something I probably did when I setup my 6s+. I turned that on just now so I'll have to see what happens this afternoon. I'll post back with any results. Thanks for the reply!

5. bogie66 macrumors newbie

bogie66

Thanks Pipper99, I also had all those settings you mentioned turned on, I switched them off, then back on, and also cleared my frequent locations data. Before I moved to the 6s Plus, maps knew when I was going to work in the morning, what time I was heading home, and what days of the week I just stopped home to change before going to the gym! Hopefully this reset works.

6. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

Every time I've had to do a reset or restore its taken about two weeks for trip times to start showing up again. I'm only guessing that data doesn't transfer over in the restore and it takes that long for it to recognize travel patterns again.

7. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30