Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Suddenly only available in the US of A and China. I liked it too, but somehow they removed it from the rest of the world.
Also if you ask Siri: What films are on in the cinema, it will find one film, and it will tell you that it is quite far away from you (it does on mainland UK anyway). Not that impressed...
On the other hand I can use many useless emojis to express my disappointment.

GrumpyTrucker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2014
Suddenly only available in the US of A and China. I liked it too, but somehow they removed it from the rest of the world.
Also if you ask Siri: What films are on in the cinema, it will find one film, and it will tell you that it is quite far away from you (it does on mainland UK anyway). Not that impressed...
On the other hand I can use many useless emojis to express my disappointment.

So that's where it went? Wonder why.

Also, the cinema thing - just tried it and you're right. Although the film it is suggesting is at a relatively local cinema but oddly not the closest one. Asking specifically for my closest cinema still brings up the same suggestion.

There's a whole lot of location / Siri based stuff that just not seem to work outside the US . We can't book cinema tickets, book a table at a restaurant or (last time I tried) get sports results/stats that aren't football. Although that could have changed, it's been a while.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
I did send feedback regarding the cinema thing, but it seems not many people have actually noticed. I used that feature a lot, as it was good at filtering results, but now it is useless. And you are right outside the US the Siri features are quite limited. Apple being not exactly a tiny, poor company you would think they could use more power to get things right, but apparently that is not the case.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Still not much change to Siri's cinema listings in the UK, it is only ever showing the one film and today said: Heres's the Cineworld Bristol. It isn't in Bristol though.
It worked so well in the past now it is just embarrassing. This has been going on for well over a week now.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Hahaha. I'm setup as Region USA to get the NEWS APP so I thought that would have done it?
These are completely different. Yes, if you set your region to US you get the News app but Siri Suggestions have nothing to do with this. Another fun fact, I have my region set to Germany and if I'm on WiFi, I only see App and Contact suggestions; if I'm on cellular data I will then see News suggestions also. But I never get Nearby Places, in the Maps app these round buttons for nearby locations are missing too. This is even stranger since on iOS 8.x.x you could see these round icons for Bars, etc. if you searched in Maps or via Spotlight.

Reactions: Futhark
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.