Siri question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chadf652, Oct 21, 2011.

1. chadf652 macrumors newbie

I prefer using the app alarm pro vs the regular iPhone alarm. Is there anyway Siri can set the alarm for the app alarm pro instead of the regular alarm?

2. xraytech macrumors 68020

Nope

3. chadf652 thread starter macrumors newbie

That sucks!

4. CleverNameHere macrumors newbie

I think that type of thing is what's in Apple's plans. I see one day being able to say something like, "Download Angry Birds from the App Store". Or, "Update my Facebook status" Or even, "Watch Family Guy on Netflix". Siri is still in beta, more is coming.

5. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I think that once Apple gets Siri a bit more polished they will open it up to developers for limited functionality. I don't know if they would open it up completely. I didn't realize until after launch that Siri handled the processing on the server side. I can't imagine full integration into every app. Seems like overload and overkill.
    I mean really, why would you need to voice activate the opening of an app? If you are going to interact with that app, it is just as easy to open it up normally.

I see Apple's "opening" of Siri to specific types of apps that mesh well with voice controls. For example map apps, translation apps, etc.