Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

estockme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
correct me if i'm wrong... but siri's relationship functions do not work well if you use exchange contacts, correct? i have a lot of trouble getting it to remember more than 3 people and it stored my girlfriend as my assistant. furthermore i cannot manually add relationships to my contact! is this normal behavior? parhaps another reason to pull myself out of google...

imo i would like to see siri exist as a physical app that i can open and kill, too. i think it crashed or drove off a cliff or something once because a business search led it to use gps for the next hour in purgatory with no way for me to stop it except turning on and off location services.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
That is correct. Google and exchange don't support the relationship options necessary for this. You get 3 and that's it.

cruisencode

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2009
That is correct. Google and exchange don't support the relationship options necessary for this. You get 3 and that's it.

I'm not so sure about that. Google contacts supports many different relationships and also supports custom relationships. So it seems like Google contacts has enough support. Perhaps Apple is trying to drive people to use iCloud?

estockme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
regardless, it seems pretty poorly-implemented. siri can't keep its own unique contact info for the person that is ME? maybe i don't even want someone else holding my phone to know who my mom is or that my girlfriend is also my "assistant" (according to siri).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.