Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

f4igrad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2006
If I ask Siri to remind me of something when I get to work tomorrow, she says she will remind me when I get to work OR by 9 AM. WTF? Just use the geolocation and forget about a specific time limit!

I get to work at 10, so the reminder is always early. This seems to be awfully short-sided, certainly the entire United States does not arrive to work before 9 AM every day. Is there any way I can change this so that she just reminds me when I get to work, no matter when that is?

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I asked siri to remind me of something when I got to work and it came through when I arrived at 10 as expected.

larig

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
I think the catch is the "tomorrow" in your command. If you ask Siri to remind you to "buy milk tomorrow," she defaults to reminding you tomorrow at 9am. If you leave out the tomorrow and say "remind me to do X when I get to work," then the next time (and any subsequent time) you arrive at work siri will remind you to "do X." So, you're essentially telling siri to set a reminder that is BOTH time and proximity based by saying "tomorrow when I get to work." Leave off the "tomorrow" and everything will be fine.

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
Is it really that hard to go into the reminders app and toggle the time/date to 'off'? I know just talking to your phone and telling it what to do is cool and all, but you are still able to manually do stuff in the event Siri doesn't do exactly what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.