Siri Remote Issues?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by JDM2119, Mar 29, 2016.

1. JDM2119 macrumors newbie

JDM2119

Anyone having issues with the Siri remote after the recent software update. We are experiencing a lot of freezing or where some motions will work but others wont (swipe up and down works but not left to right).

A hard reset from the remote will fix it but it is happening a lot to the point where we are having to reset multiple times a day.

Any good universal remotes that are known to work for the ATV4?

2. marklemac macrumors regular

marklemac

I had problems with my remote when I switched from using my ATV plugged directly into my TV to connecting it through the HDMI sockets of my Pioneer Amp.

The remote will stutter and at times be non functional. Eventually I twigged it could be the amp, so I put the HDMI back into the TV and all is fine. Clearly the 4k passthrough on the Pioneer is causing issues. I just use the optical cable now from the tv to the amp.

3. det2004 macrumors 6502

I'm having trouble with mine and trying to fast forward/rewind while watching movies. It does not seem to work at all, or if it does, it only skips ahead a few seconds....frustrating when it used to work so well.

4. bigcahuna12c macrumors newbie

bigcahuna12c

With the new software update you now have to pause the movie or tv show then fast forward/rewind will work fine.
    They changed this as many customers were complaining that when they picked up remote they would acccidently
    fast forward or rewind.

5. det2004 macrumors 6502

Well, that's annoying...Thanks for the info though!

6. waw74 macrumors 68030

not as annoying as accidentally fast fowarding 10 minutes when you pick up the remote.