Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Siri request for sports scores results in a Google search?

ep2002

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
I noticed this too yesterday when attempting to keep up with the Astros v TB game. Same thing today as well

I’m on 14.0.1 too

UPDATE:
Looks like Siri is working again with sports related requests as of 10/14/2020. Problem fixed

Last edited:

kevinp8192

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
Following this thread. I noticed it on Saturday during the college football games. Siri used to be right on top of even the smallest college games. For a while on Saturday when I would ask, it would just keep repeating the game time and if it was on TV, even hours after the gamete had passed. By Sunday it was just providing a google search. Really a drag because it was one of the things Siri was really good.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
USA
I noticed this too yesterday when attempting to keep up with the Astros v TB game. Same thing today as well

I’m on 14.0.1 too

UPDATE:
Looks like Siri is working again with sports related requests as of 10/14/2020. Problem fixed

Just tried this morning, no good for me on my iPhone or Siri on macOS Catalina.

EDIT: Seems to be hit and miss for me. Hope this gets sorted soon.

kevinp8192

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
It has been working for me today for the college games. Hopefully it was just a glitch that’s been fixed.

Deliro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
Funny how I was watching the Steelers game today, and they had a Siri commerical where the voice asked "Hey Siri who leads the NFL in sacks". I echoed that right away to on my watch, Siri's response "I don't know who leads the NFL in sacks". So I just said "Who leagues the league in sacks?" it gave me a google web search. Ouch. You'd think if they did a commercial on the power of Siri, that the question posed to Siri would be valid.

Reactions: kevinp8192
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.