Siri screen leaves green "smudge" what is this?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mysteryman, Feb 7, 2016.

1. mysteryman macrumors newbie

Just noticed when I activate Siri on my Apple Watch I am getting a weird green, backlight bleed like smudge. Has anyone had this before? Time to take it back to the shop?

This is a short video of what's happening but it's a lot more noticeable in person.

2. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Try a reset, if that doesn't work, take it to the store. It almost looks like what happens when water gets under an iPhone backlight

3. mysteryman thread starter macrumors newbie

Well after a reset seemed to be back to normal. Will keep an eye on it and report of it comes back...odd

4. ncbetz macrumors 6502

ncbetz

Does it have to do with the green heart rate monitor?

I was in bed and had my Apple Watch off and all the sudden the green light went off and it gave me quite a good scare. (The light is on the back and is for heart rate).

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Whatever is behind the Siri screen usually takes on a smoked glass appearance depending on what is in the background. For example if you have an Orange watch face you would most likely see an orange smudge/blob as you call it. In your case the background doesn't even have a color to "smudge" through so it looked like a glitch in the smoked glass mechanic.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

It looks like the Siri graphics were set out of range of the actual screen, as if it was showing the animation for a 42mm watch on a 38mm. The green was the outer "aura" of the Siri glow animation. Rest fixed it as you say, so I would just consider it a small glitch.