Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12. When I tell Siri to remind me to pay a bill on a certain date, she places it in my shopping list, not in reminders. She does this with every instruction that starts with "remind me." I've done a hard reboot a couple of times. No change.

When I tell her to add an item to my shopping list, that's done correctly.

When I use my Pad Mini 4, iOS 10.3.3, and tell Siri to remind me to pay a bill, she places my request in my reminders list.

Any idea why Siri's so confused in iOS 12?

I was going to update my mini, but holding off for now.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Have you checked to make sure your shopping list is not the default list? If it is the default list, everything will go there unless you tell Siri to add the reminder to a different list.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Have you checked to make sure your shopping list is not the default list? If it is the default list, everything will go there unless you tell Siri to add the reminder to a different list.

I wasn't aware there was a default list. I did check and sure enough, shopping was the default list although I've no idea why since it was a list I added when I started using the phone.

Thanks for the help! I'll stop accusing Siri of dementia.

Reactions: tromboneaholic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.