Siri seems to be broken, is it just me?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by cameronjpu, Oct 13, 2015.

1. cameronjpu macrumors 65816

I posted this in a reply but decided it probably would be better in its own thread...

Siri dictation has become noticeably less accurate for me in iOS9 on my new 6S as compared to my old 6. And that's when its working. Most of the time, now, it doesn't ever activate. I took a video of it in prep for my genius bar appointment tomorrow, here it is if you want to see. I'm curious if anyone else is having a similar issue. I have tried wiping the phone and doing a clean install instead of a restore from backup, and the problem remained. I'm guessing it's a hardware issue. Most interestingly, it also is unreliable for dragon dictation most of the time too, which makes me think it's either a hardware issue with the mic circuitry, or a driver issue for the mic. It happens both with the headphones plugged in and not, so that's not the source of the problem. Really frustrating!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvlebl3ha4vh464/2015-10-13 17.42.18.mov?dl=0

2. cameronjpu thread starter macrumors 65816

Just FYI - I went to the Apple store when the phone was not having any problem. Thankfully I had taken a video of it happening to show. It took some effort and convincing, but I was able to get the rep to replace the phone with a new one (not refurb thankfully) and Siri has been working perfectly ever since. It's only been 24 hours now, but there was no 24 hour period since I got the new phone with Siri working as it should.