Siri settings need help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WETSU, Feb 16, 2013.

1. WETSU macrumors newbie

So this is a weird one. My siri has a British accent during the initial launch when I hold the button. After the initial launch it then reverts back to the original us siri voice. In the general settings siri is set on the English United States. I have no clue how to fix this and I want to get rid of the British guy in the begining. Thanks for any help!

2. WETSU thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Resist macrumors 68030

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

how do you make siri a guys voice? I dont see that option

5. Resist macrumors 68030

You don't see that option because there isn't one. You can only change the language, and not the gender of Siri.

6. erichess22 macrumors regular

settings -> General -> Siri -> Language -> then pick english from either UK or Australia

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

8. erichess22 macrumors regular

Well actually siri never says whether it is male or female, but if you are referring to the tone is Siri, English (United States), that makes Siri sound like a female you can change the language to English (United Kingdom) which makes Siri sound more like a male.

9. The Bogeyman macrumors regular

The Bogeyman

Try a soft reset. Hold the home and power key together until the apple logo appears on screen. If that fails, back everything up, and do a restore in iTunes.

Incidentally I'm in the UK and have the Canadian voice for my Siri. I don't like the British male voice, the US one sounds awful, and the Australian one sounds bizarre. Of course these are my personal opinions and I'm sure others would disagree.

10. Resist macrumors 68030

Just so you know, the Canadian voice is the same as the US voice.