iPhone Siri + Shazam bypass TouchID and passcode

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jedimasterkyle, Oct 25, 2014.

1. jedimasterkyle macrumors newbie

So I know I'm relatively new here but I wanted to see if anyone has seen the behavior I stumbled upon today when using Siri and Shazam. Apparently, when using Siri to identify a song with Shazam FROM the lockscreen, it bypasses the touch ID and passcode. I shot a video and posted it to youtube to explain what I am talking about.

Now, I dont know if this is intentional or not on Apple's part and I have checked my privacy and touch ID settings and I did not see anything about having to prompt for a passcode or touch ID when using Shazam + Siri. I dont want to be a whistleblower or anything but this seems like a pretty big security hole if you ask me...

2. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

Rigby down below provided the correct answer.

3. Rigby macrumors 601

We have postings like this every few days. In 99% of the cases it's user error. Try activating Siri with a finger that is not registered for Touch ID.

4. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

Perfect! That worked :)

5. jedimasterkyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I just tried that and yep...I cant get into Shazam from the lock screen without using one of my "authenticated" fingers. I didnt realize that my finger was already authenticated when I tried using shazam and siri together. Makes sense though if I want to get quick access to the app.

Sorry for the false alert lol. I really thought I was onto something :)

6. caferacer808 macrumors newbie

Perhaps it's time to change your name to PadawanKyle.