Siri Shazam Integration

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mrcarter2, Aug 12, 2014.

1. mrcarter2 macrumors member

In beta 5 Siri no longer automatically shazams a song playing on launch, it now requires you to ask Siri to find a song before she actually shazams it. Has anyone else noticed this change? Do you think its a bug or simply a change?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I'm assuming everyones milage will vary when it comes to the betas, but for me, running on my 4s, I have not been able to just open Siri and have her recognize a song since beta 1.

3. mrcarter2 thread starter macrumors member

They seem to add it and then take it away throughout the betas. The only beta where it worked reliably for me was beta 3.

4. dcp10 macrumors 6502

I prefer it that way. When it was automatic it interfered with giving it commands.

5. mrcarter2 thread starter macrumors member

Good point but if you want to find a song quickly, like during a commercial or something, it's much more cumbersome to do

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

especially since u r in a loud environment when u want to shazam most of the time so saying the command first is nearly impossible

7. DarkCole macrumors regular

DarkCole

I can just imagine trying to yell at Siri to listen for a song in a loud setting lol.

8. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Can you just say "Shazam it". Someone already tried?

9. pure-rockstar macrumors regular

So what happens if you say Shazam? Does it open Shazam?

How would Siri be able to do that, and why integrate that?

The thing about the actual Shazam app is it likes to pop up with all sorts of crap so you always miss the song.

Siri might be better but if you have to speak then that's not a good idea.

10. mjschabow macrumors 65816

I actually used this in a loud bar this evening. I didn't even have to yell. I just held the phone a little closer while giving the command.

11. sik08amg macrumors regular

sik08amg

How about a button on the Siri UI so we don't have to scream over the song we don't know the name of...

Two other issues I hope to see a resolution to are Siri Shazam songs being added to your library in the Shazam app (should come with app update) and also Shazam a song that is playing off of the device through the 3.5mm jack, for example a podcast song with no name. You can Shazam it through the app but not through Siri..