Siri shortcut... how?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by pika2000, Apr 19, 2019.

1. pika2000 macrumors 601

A few weeks ago, iOS showed me a Siri shortcut suggestion of turning on DND automatically for an upcoming event in my calendar. I thought wow, that's cool! So I tap the suggestion box and it did it for the event that time.

After that, I don't see that suggestions anymore. I want to set it up, but I can't seem to figure out how. I don't see anything resembling that in the Siri shortcut settings. What did I miss?

2. cmaier macrumors G5

It seems to automatically happen only for certain kinds of appointments. I’ve seen it when it’s detected movie tickets, etc.

3. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

Does the meeting show your time as ‘busy’? That might be a factor in whether or not you get the prompt.

4. NoBoMac macrumors 68020

NoBoMac

From what I've noticed, the suggestions have a shelf life. Some, are always there, for me, as I do that thing every(other) day. Others, like OP, there one day, gone the next.

In the case of the DnD suggestion, possibly having same meeting every week? Or if have to change locations, picked up that you turn on DnD at that location? Or when you did get the option, was the meeting in your calendar with the phrase "meeting" or entered via a meeting invitation email?