General Siri shortcuts iCloud sync?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by MrMister111, Sep 26, 2018.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

I made a new Siri shortcut on my iPhone on iOS 12. On my iPad I thought the same shortcut would work without me recording the same?

My iPad had iOS 12, and both logged into my Apple ID. Aren't they supposed to sync across, so everything I record on one devine is available on the other?

Thanks

2. Paco II macrumors 65816

From what I am seeing, the recipe will sync, but may in fact require device specific tweaks to have it work properly.

3. nicho macrumors 68020

From testing across 3 devices (one a work issued ipad which i keep semi-sandboxed from a lot of my stuff) it appears the recorded voice commands sync across if the "siri" option is enabled in icloud settings. the shortcuts do not, it is likely that they need icloud drive to be turned on in order to do so (it's on in the two devices that sync perfectly between each other, but not on the 3rd device)

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Not sure what that means sorry

Not sure what the difference is, I have in iCloud settings Siri enabled that's all is imagine need.

5. Paco II macrumors 65816

For example, I have a shortcut to disable my weekday alarm clock. The 'recipe' synced but wouldn't function on my other devices despite having an alarm with the exact same name on those devices.

6. nicho macrumors 68020

That will sync across any voice commands. It won’t allow the movement/syncing of files. I tested it, as said in my original reply.

The one with Siri enabled but iCloud Drive not enabled has custom commands for things like logging drinks in WaterMinder despite not having that app on the iPad. It doesn’t show any of the many Shortcuts that I created on my phone. The iPad with both Siri enabled and iCloud Drive enabled does.